According to the National Highway Safety Administration, a vehicle is stolen every 44 seconds in the United States. Here are some tips for protecting your vehicle:
1. Never leave the key in the ignition or on the seat.
2. Close and lock the windows and doors when you park.
3. Whenever possible, park your vehicle in a garage, well-lit, or monitored area.
4. Keep valuables out of sight.
5. Consider an anti-theft system, and display system stickers on vehicle windows.
Vehicle Theft & The Law
Chapter 9A.56.065 RCW