Crimes against property come in all different forms, from vandalism to arson. There are simple steps that can help to deter these crimes at your home or business:
1. Make an effort to keep the neighborhood clean and neat.
2. Report and remove graffiti promptly.
3. Incorporate natrual deterrents, such as landscaping.
4. Use lighting to promote surveilance.
5. Use fences, rails, and other barriers to discourage through traffic.
6. Check the property for flammable liquids or gasoline containers.
7. Consider surveillance systems.
8. Use smoke detectors.
Property Crimes & The Law
Washington State Chapter 9A.48 RCW: Arson, Reckless Burning, and Malicious Mischief