5.01.040 Public Nuisances Prohibited.
No person owning, leasing, renting, occupying, being in possession or having charge of any property in the City, including vacant lots, shall maintain or allow to be maintained on such property, except as may be permitted by any other City ordinance, any public nuisance, whether
visible from any public street or alley, or from any other private property.
(Ord. 07-3 §5, 2007).
5.01.050 Other Nuisances Defined.
Without limitation of the generality of the definition of public nuisance set forth in this chapter, the following acts, omissions, conditions and things are declared to be and constitute public nuisances, subject to abatement as provided in this chapter:
(1) Storing or accumulating, or permitting the storage or accumulation, of junk on any premises where the junk is exposed to view from any public place;
(2) The accumulation, or permitting the accumulation of, tin cans, bottles, trash, litter, waste or refuse of any nature on any premises, except in garbage cans or containers maintained for regular collection;
(3) Permitting the existence of any dilapidated, abandoned or partially destroyed building or structure; any unused building or structure which is not properly secured from entry; or any building or structure commenced and left unfinished;
(4) Storing, or permitting to be stored, any toxic, radioactive, caustic, flammable, explosive or other dangerous or hazardous substances, except when stored in compliance with the requirements of all regulatory agencies having jurisdiction;
(5) Permitting the existence of any putrid, unsound or unwholesome bones, meat, hides or skins, or the whole or any part of any dead animal, fish or fowl,
(6) Privies, vaults, cesspools, sumps, pits, excavations or like places which are not securely protected, or which are foul or malodorous;
(7) Any refrigerator, freezer or other insulated container within which a child could suffocate;
(8) Creating, or permitting to be created, any noise in excess of that allowable under Pullman City Code Chapter 8.80, Noise Regulations, as it exists or may be amended at or after the effective date of the ordinance codified in this chapter, which is incorporated in this chapter by
(9) The accumulation, or permitting the accumulation, of building materials or objects of any nature where the same endangers property or safety, constitutes a fire hazard, or creates an attractive nuisance;
(10) The existence of any offensive or dangerous accumulation of weeds, trash, dirt, filth, waste shrubs, lawn or yard trimmings, the carcass of any animal or other offensive
(11) The existence of any dead, diseased, infested or dying tree that may constitute a danger to street trees, streets or portions thereof;
(12) The existence of any tree, shrub or foliage, unless by consent of the city, which is apt to destroy, impair, interfere or restrict:
(a) Streets, sidewalks, sewers, utilities or other
(b) Visibility on, or free use of, or access to such improvements;
(13) The existence of any vines or climbing plants growing into or over any street tree, or any public hydrant, pole or electrolier, or the existence of any shrub, vine or plant growing on, around or in front of any hydrant, standpipe, sprinkler system connection or any other appliance or facility provided for fire protection purposes in such a way as to obscure the view thereof or
impair the access thereto;
(14) The existence of a sidewalk or a portion of a sidewalk adjacent to any premises which is out of repair, and in a condition to endanger persons or property, or in a condition to interfere with the public convenience in the use of such sidewalk;
(15) The dumping or otherwise unlawful depositing of refuse, sawdust or any other material without a permit;
(16) The existence of any obstruction to a street, alley, crossing or sidewalk, and any excavation in or under any street, alley, crossing or sidewalk, which is by ordinance prohibited, or which is made without lawful permission, or which, having been made by lawful permission, is kept and maintained after the purpose thereof has been accomplished, and for an unreasonable
length of time;
(17) The existence of any fence or other structure or thing on private property abutting or fronting upon any public street, sidewalk or place which is in a sagging, leaning, fallen, decayed or otherwise dilapidated or unsafe condition;
(18) The existence or maintenance on any premises of a storage area, junkyard or dumping ground for the wrecking or disassembling of automobiles, trucks, trailers, house trailers, boats, tractors or other vehicle or machinery of any kind, or for the storing or leaving of worn out, wrecked, inoperative or abandoned automobiles, trucks, trailers, house trailers, boats, tractors or other vehicle or machinery of any kind or of any major parts thereof;
(19)Visible vehicle tires not mounted on a vehicle, vehicle bodies or parts, bed mattresses or springs, water heaters or other household appliances, and damaged or stored or discarded furniture or other household goods or items including indoor furniture left outdoors in a
residential zone or other zone within the City where such items are inconsistent with permitted uses authorized within the zone.
(20) Any unsightly building, billboard, fence or other structure, or any old, abandoned or partially destroyed building left unfinished or any of same that may be
dangerous to life or property;
(21) The existence or maintenance of graffiti, and other defacement of public and private property, including walls, rocks, bridges, buildings, fences, gates, vehicles, signs, road surfaces and other structures, trees, and all other real and personal property within
(22) All vacant, unused, or unoccupied buildings and structures within the city, which are allowed to become or remain open to entrance by unauthorized persons or the general public, because of broken, missing, or open doors, windows, or other openings, so that the same may
be used by vagrants or other persons in a manner detrimental to the health and welfare of the inhabitants of the city.
(Ord. 07-3 §6, 2007).