Smell of Smoke Interrupts Dinner at Pullman Restaurant

Print Email
Last Updated on Thursday, 01 May 2014 15:22

 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                                       Capt. Eric Reiber, Incident Commander

Friday, February 22, 2013

SMELL OF SMOKE INTERRUPTS DINNER AT PULLMAN RESTAURANT

          PULLMAN-Dinner was interrupted briefly Friday night when employees of the New Garden Restaurant smelled smoke and called 9-1-1.

          Pullman firefighters were called around 6 pm to the popular Chinese restaurant at 400 S. Grand after employees noticed the smell of wood smoke.

          Firefighters saw smoke coming from a soffit area outside of the restaurant near the dining room area.  After gaining access to the section below the roof line, firefighters found that a neon light that outlines the restaurant had apparently shorted and caused the fire.   It was quickly extinguished with a minimum of damage to soffit and roof.

          There was no damage to the interior of the structure and after about a half hour, the restaurant was reopened and back to their seven-day-a-week operation.

--PFD-

(Written by Glenn Johnson, PFD/PIO)